Return Multiple Vertical values into same colum from another sheet

tazmtiger

Board Regular
Hi Everyone

I am having a difficult time trying to figure out how to accomplish the following task.

I have a parts inventory, or parts storage workbook that tracks where parts are kept, or where they are located at. It utilizes part Numbers and a BiN# locations to Identify where the parts are kept or located at. (But in some cases), we store the same Part number in different BIN#s. In other words: (Multiple BIN#'s) For same part number.
All of this parts are tracked and managed through various excel sheets within the same workbook. And recently, the BOSS came with a requirement, to make the Part Number location accessible from all worksheets though the use of the INDEX function.
I am using this formula code -----> =IF(AC7="","",IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP($AC$4,'Parts Room'!$C$13:$G$2691,4,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP($AC$4,'Parts Room'!$C$6:$G$2691,5,FALSE))) in my attempt to make that requirement possible, but this code does not seem to work right. "No matter what I do", it only gives me the first Bin# location and it does not display the rest bin# locations for the same part. Is there something I am missing? All the "Part numbers" are in the "C Column" and the Bin# locations are in the "G Column" in a sheet called Parts Room. I need all the Bin Locations available for the part of choice "Placed in one column" in any of the other sheets as desired.

Can any one here help? I would really appreciate anyone's help on this subject.

Thank you very much in advance for any assistance you can prove to resolve this issue.

Thank you!

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!
You are running into the limitations of VLOOKUP being that it will only return the first value that it finds. So you either need to combine multiple fields to create a unique lookup value maybe create a new field by combining the Bin and the Part number and then use the new value for the VLOOKUP.

You might find use with this site, I had a similar issue and this helped me to find a solution but is a bit complex. This is not using VLOOKUP.

http://www.globaliconnect.com/excel...lues-for-one-lookup-value&catid=77&Itemid=473

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You are running into the limitations of VLOOKUP being that it will only return the first value that it finds. So you either need to combine multiple fields to create a unique lookup value maybe create a new field by combining the Bin and the Part number and then use the new value for the VLOOKUP.

You might find use with this site, I had a similar issue and this helped me to find a solution but is a bit complex. This is not using VLOOKUP.

http://www.globaliconnect.com/excel...lues-for-one-lookup-value&catid=77&Itemid=473

Thank you for your assistance;

I figured it out.

I used the following Formula string method, and work beautifully.

D1=IF(ISERROR(INDEX(Sheet2!$A$1:$B$200,SMALL(IF(Sheet2!$A$1:$A$200=Sheet1!$E$1,ROW(Sheet2!$A$1:$A$200)),ROW(1:1)),2)),"",INDEX(Sheet2!$A$1:$B$200,SMALL(IF(Sheet2!$A$1:$A$200=Sheet1!$E$1,ROW(Sheet2!$A$1:$A$200)),ROW(1:1)),2))
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
D2=IF(ISERROR(INDEX(Sheet2!$A$1:$B$200,SMALL(IF(Sheet2!$A$1:$A$200=Sheet1!$E$1,ROW(Sheet2!$A$1:$A$200)),ROW(2:2)),2)),"",INDEX(Sheet2!$A$1:$B$200,SMALL(IF(Sheet2!$A$1:$A$200=Sheet1!$E$1,ROW(Sheet2!$A$1:$A$200)),ROW(2:2)),2))

Etc, Etc, … And So forth.

Thank you for your time.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back