Excel Forum/Question Answer Template

CaWingz

I've looked all over but can't really find what I'm looking for. Basically I'm trying to build a VERY basic forum within Excel. Someone can post a comment, question, etc. Then other employees/Managers can respond.

The problem is that it needs to be saved so that if a manager responds no one can go in and change their response. Or comments cannot be deleted.

Ideas? Thanks in advance

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
There are a lot of different things you can do, but the problem is, not matter what you do, anyone with a good knowledge of Excel can circumvent it and change anything they want.

But you could do some basic things to cover most cases, but it would most likely need to be automated (use code) to make it easy to use.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yea I figured it would need to be with VBA, and yes there are people that could circumvent it. I understand VBA and can get by, but I don't know it well enough to just program it from nothing. So was hoping someone would have a template or an easy way to get it going.

Upvote 0
Well we'll see if someone has a decent temple to start with. I did a tool years ago that had protections that was specific to an individual, they had to enter a PIN when prompted and Excel saved that, again anyone really good with Excel could have retrieved it for a Very Hidden worksheet or run the available code to unprotect the worksheets, but for this purpose it did the job.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michael2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back