3 array formulas on the same sheet

fishep6

Hi

I am wanting to create a table on a separate sheet that brings through account numbers from another sheet (based on date ranges) and then categorises them.

I have used array formulas before although I am not that experienced with them. What I want to do is have 3 array formulas running concurrently if this is even possible. Basically formula one brings through its result(s) and then once that is complete it then starts formula 2 and then finally formula 3. So in the table below it shows the results in column A and then based on which formula has been used I want fixed wording to appear in columns B and C. So if formula 1 brings through 3 results in column A, then Columns B and C will have identical wording to show what population the account numbers in A refer to. Then once all the results are in for formula 1 (in the example below formula 1 has brought back 3 accounts, so has filled in column A rows 4 - 6, columns B and C then have static information, Then formula 2 runs from row 7, finds 2 results which it puts in rows 7 and 8, then finally formula 3 starts from row 9 and brings back 2 results.

Hopefully this makes sense? So if formula 1 actually ended up bringing back 5 rows then formula 2 would start filling rows 9 onwards etc etc

Column AColumn BColumn C
Row 1
Row 2
Row 3
Row 4Account 1"Formula 1""Yes"
Row 5Account 4"Formula 1""Yes"
Row 6Account 5"Formula 1""Yes"
Row 7Account 2"Formula 2""No"
Row 8Account 8"Formula 2""No"
Row 9Account 3"Formula 3""Maybe"
Row 10Account 7"Formula 3""Maybe"

<tbody>
</tbody>

So not sure if this is possible at all?

Now the array formulas themselves. The data they are looking at and bringing back sits in "sheet 2" on a separate tab

I basically want the formula to look for all criteria that is between a set date range and return the account numbers in column "BA" to my main sheet if possible. The formulas need to be as below

On this sheet the data sits in row 15 and below:

Formula 1
filter column "AP" by a date range as set out in Cell A1 (from date) and Cell B1 (to date), then this will return the account numbers in column BA into column A of my main sheet.

Formula 2
filter column "AU" by a date range as set out in Cell A2 (from date) and Cell B2 (to date), then this will return the account numbers in column BA into column A of my main sheet.

Formula 1
filter column "AZ" by a date range as set out in Cell A3 (from date) and Cell B2 (to date), then this will return the account numbers in column BA into column A of my main sheet.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help

Excel Facts

Wildcard in VLOOKUP
Use =VLOOKUP("Apple*" to find apple, Apple, or applesauce

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bsb1122

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back