Refreshing pivot tables with multiple filters

DonnaRonna

Hi,

I have a workbook of pivot tables that use one data set. The workbook consists of a tab with the data on it, and 7 tabs with three pivot tables each, all which use that data set. The idea is to replace the data on the data tab daily with a simple copy/paste values. The headers remain because they are always the same, just the data is cleared and replaced.

I have 2 filters on most of the pivot tables, one is a label filter that uses a range of SKUs; the other is a filter that uses another field that isn't displayed in the pivot table.

The problem is that unless I go through and open the label filter, click ok (I don't change it because it doesn't need changing), then the next time I hit Refresh All to update the pivot tables, the pivot tables become blank. This happens even if I don't change the data! This only happens on the pivot tables that have both the label filter and the other filter. The pivot tables I have with only 1 filter work fine.

I have tried the 'allow multiple filters' option and it doesn't help.

Ideas?

Thanks

Donna

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
I can't seem to replicate the issue, is this with windows? Any chance you can upload a copy? Or upload some of the table and let me know the pivot fields and filters so I can try and cause the error?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I can't seem to replicate the issue, is this with windows? Any chance you can upload a copy? Or upload some of the table and let me know the pivot fields and filters so I can try and cause the error?

I would love to, but my understanding is that I can't upload actual data to this site. I believe screenshots can be shown, but would that actually help you on this?

Let me know what would work.

Thanks for looking in to this!

Upvote 0
You can upload a table, if you "go advanced" in the reply the table option is down the bottom I believe. Alternatively you can use dropbox or similar and share a link to the file.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catterz66

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back