nested if statement problem

monsierexcel

Hello all, i cant find why this doesnt work

=IF(VLOOKUP(C2,'cost prices'!$B:$J,9,0),VLOOKUP(C2,'cost prices'!$B:$J,9,0),IF(VLOOKUP(C2,'cost prices'!$B:$I,8,0),VLOOKUP(C2,'cost prices'!$B:$I,8,0),IF(VLOOKUP(C2,'cost prices'!$B:$H,7,0),VLOOKUP(C2,'cost prices'!$B:$H,7,0),IF(VLOOKUP(C2,'Kit Products Cost Prices'!$B:$J,9,0),VLOOKUP(C2,'Kit Products Cost Prices'!$B:$J,9,0),IF(VLOOKUP(C2,'Kit Products Cost Prices'!$B:$I,8,0),VLOOKUP(C2,'Kit Products Cost Prices'!$B:$I,8,0),IF(VLOOKUP(C2,'Kit Products Cost Prices'!$B:$H,7,0),VLOOKUP(C2,'Kit Products Cost Prices'!$B:$H,7,0),VLOOKUP(C2,'Kit Pricing not in AP'!$A:$B,2,0)))))))

when i look at function arguments for the line:

IF(VLOOKUP(C2,'Kit Products Cost Prices'!$B:$H,7,0),VLOOKUP(C2,'Kit Products Cost Prices'!$B:$H,7,0),VLOOKUP(C2,'Kit Pricing not in AP'!$A:$B,2,0)

which shows its finding the correct value yet it still showing an NA error on return :( i cant figure this when the condition is showing the right value at 154.08!

I know you can have upto 7 nested IF statements but i only have 6 here.

thank you,

If you are running a recent version of Excel function ISNA is available instead of ISERROR (use exactly the same syntax)

thanks for the feedback
(y)

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
Heres a way to do that:

=IFERROR(LOOKUP(2,1/(INDEX('cost prices'!H:J,MATCH(C2,'cost prices'!B:B,0),0)<>""),INDEX('cost prices'!H:J,MATCH(C2,'cost prices'!B:B,0),0)),IFERROR(LOOKUP(2,1/(INDEX('Kit Products Cost Prices'!H:J,MATCH(C2,'Kit Products Cost Prices'!B:B,0),0)<>""),INDEX('Kit Products Cost Prices'!H:J,MATCH(C2,'Kit Products Cost Prices'!B:B,0),0)),IFERROR(IF(VLOOKUP(C2,'Kit Pricing not in AP'!$A:$B,2,0)="","error",VLOOKUP(C2,'Kit Pricing not in AP'!$A:$B,2,0)),"error")))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teemeren

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back