Automatically save data in master sheet

Dixie1978

Hi, noobie here. I've set up a workbook with 2 sheets. The 1st sheet is a cert that I fill in for different customers.
In the second sheet I've created a customer list database so customer details transfer automatically from sheet1 to sheet2 when I hit the save as button.
The problem I'm having is that it won't save the data for the customer db in the master copy in the C drive, only in the saved as copy. I need Database (Sheet2) to be automatically updating in the master copy
Would be grateful for any help please
Thanks

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
Are you using Sheet 1 as an input form to build up the list in Sheet 2? If so, I'm guessing that the button you're clicking would have a macro attached to it - is it possible to post the macro, to see what its doing?

One thought - is the master copy opening as read-only? If so, you won't be able to overwrite it, and any attempt to save may result in a Save As window being displayed.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your reply. Eventually got it working. Have another issue that I wonder could you help with. I've set up a command button to run a Macro that's in my sheet. Macro is called Find_First2. The code I've entered is as follows.
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
Sheet3. Find_First2
Unload Me
End Sub

It just keeps highlighting the Sheet3. Find_First2 in yellow and giving runtime error 424.

I know this bit of code worked on an older version of excel.

Any advice would be great
Thanks

Upvote 0
Is it a very old macro? Assuming you're using a windows PC, it doesn't look right! But I think that there were some major changes in the 95 version, perhaps compatibility may have been maintained for a while? Do you know what version it last worked in?

Upvote 0
The original was created on Excel 97-2003. I actually have the original working on my pc. However when I make up a new sheet design using the code it won't work. I'm running Excel 2016

Upvote 0
Ok, so it won't be the pre-excel 95 issue then!
I'm not sure what the macro is trying to do. Normally a reference to Sheet3 would be in the format:
Sheets("Sheet3")
Also if Find_First2 is a macro, I'm not sure why its appearing as a property of a sheet.
Would suggest that it would be worth posting as a new separate query, and give a bit more background about what the macro is trying to achieve. It's more likely that someone else who may know will pick up on a new thread, rather than a follow up question on an existing one.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Faraz5023

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back