Counting the Dates in one column if the value in another column is "X".

CharHRussell

I've tried every formula I could find online and in Excel help. I have a spreadsheet with many columns. Column B contains business tracks; QTD, ATM, PLM, etc. Column I contains the dates new items where added to the spreadsheet for each business track. Their may be as many items listed for QTD. I only want to count the number of dates listed in Column I that have QTD in column B, etc. for ATM, PLM and all other business tracks. I'm doing it on a separate summary worksheet where I have Dashboards.

OK, if they both returned TRUE, then the formula I gave you at the top of my previous post (in the "code" box) shouldn't return zero, as there is at least one row in there that meets both criteria.
Can you confirm that?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
Okay,
=UPKs!B8="QTD" returned TRUE
=UPKs!I8>0 returned FALSE

Not really. I added the second formula but dind't have a date in I8 at the time so when it returned a FALSE, I was technically correct. Once I put a date in I8, it returned TRUE. So it appears that both of these formulas work as written.

Upvote 0
Okay, I missed placing the code in. I just tried the bottom two pieces of formula. The formula you sent in the Code: box works perfectly. My apologies for not being more thorough in reading your comments. Thank you for helping and fixing my problem!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teemeren

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back