Counting the Dates in one column if the value in another column is "X".

CharHRussell

I've tried every formula I could find online and in Excel help. I have a spreadsheet with many columns. Column B contains business tracks; QTD, ATM, PLM, etc. Column I contains the dates new items where added to the spreadsheet for each business track. Their may be as many items listed for QTD. I only want to count the number of dates listed in Column I that have QTD in column B, etc. for ATM, PLM and all other business tracks. I'm doing it on a separate summary worksheet where I have Dashboards.

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
I've tried every formula I could find online and in Excel help. I have a spreadsheet with many columns. Column B contains business tracks; QTD, ATM, PLM, etc. Column I contains the dates new items where added to the spreadsheet for each business track. Their may be as many items listed for QTD. I only want to count the number of dates listed in Column I that have QTD in column B, etc. for ATM, PLM and all other business tracks. I'm doing it on a separate summary worksheet where I have Dashboards.
Assuming Column I only contains dates or blanks, give this formula a try...

=COUNTIFS(B:B,"QTD",I:I,"*")

Upvote 0
Assuming Column I only contains dates or blanks, give this formula a try...

=COUNTIFS(B:B,"QTD",I:I,"*")

Thank you! That didn't work. I does only have dates and blanks in it. Those columns are on a different worksheet in the workbook so the formula looks like this. I really appreciate you getting back to me.

=COUNTIFS(UPKs!B2:B629,"QTD",UPKs!I2:I629,"*")

Upvote 0
Are the dates/blanks in column I hard-coded, or returned via a formula?
If via a formula, what exactly does that formula look like?

Upvote 0
Can you give us more detail on how it is not working?
Are the counts it is returning too low or too high?

Upvote 0
Can you give us more detail on how it is not working?
Are the counts it is returning too low or too high?

Gladly, I am trying to show the total number of cells in column I have a date, while also having a specific alpha code in column B. For example; QTD, ATP, PTM, PTR, etc.

I created a dashboard worksheet with a table where I have all of the Alpha codes and I want to show the total number of New items. The title of column B is, New Procedures.

In the cell on the Dashboard I want to show the count of the dates in I. When I enter the formulas, all I get is zero. always zero so far!

Thank you Joe4 for responding!

Upvote 0
How about this, does this work?
Code:
[COLOR=#333333]=COUNTIFS(UPKs!B2:B629,"QTD",UPKs!I2:I629,">0")[/COLOR]

If not, let's determine which criteria it does not like. Identify some row on your sheet that SHOULD be counted. Let's say it is row 8, for example (where column B is "QTD" and column I has a date).
Enter this two equations in any blank cells, and tell us what they return:
=UPKs!B8="QTD"
=UPKs!I8>0

Upvote 0
How about this, does this work?
Code:
[COLOR=#333333]=COUNTIFS(UPKs!B2:B629,"QTD",UPKs!I2:I629,">0")[/COLOR]

If not, let's determine which criteria it does not like. Identify some row on your sheet that SHOULD be counted. Let's say it is row 8, for example (where column B is "QTD" and column I has a date).
Enter this two equations in any blank cells, and tell us what they return:
=UPKs!B8="QTD"
=UPKs!I8>0

Okay,
=UPKs!B8="QTD" returned TRUE
=UPKs!I8>0 returned FALSE

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back