Changing linking so instead of being between tables, it is linking between ranges

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpaton05

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I have been working on a spreadsheet for months. This spreadsheet involved filling out information in a table, upon finishing, it would be copied to another table on another sheet, where further information would be added. Once this had been done, it would be copied to another workbook. The way I had it set up was a table on the first sheet which would be copied to a table on the second sheet and finally a range in the different work book.

I have been having all kinds of problems and I have had it recommended that I convert it all so it is going from range to range to range. I am not the best at coding, as I am still learning and I wanted some assistance. I am fine with formatting the sheets, just need help with the coding.

The last workbooks are financial year documents and each row in the first sheet will have a date which is transferred to the second sheet with the other relevant information for the row. The rows contain quotes for various services. Each row is transferred one row at a time.

Could someone please help me with the code I would use to transfer each row from one range object to the next?

I have attached a copy of my spreadsheet to give you some idea of what I want.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fjljdrd0afd0wgs/quoting tool 11.7 WCI.xlsm?dl=0

Thanks,
Dave

Re: I need some help please

I know that everyone on here is a volunteer and if no one has time to look at this, that's perfectly fine, but it would mean a lot to me if someone could help me with this. It is just that I have almost been killed in a car accident and sustained an extremely severe, traumatic, brain injury. After my time spent in hospital/rehab I undertook some tertairy education that took me a lot longer than it would have prior accident. I finished that and have been looking for work for about 8 years, when I found my current supervisor who was willing to give me a shot, where no one else would. I am not telling you this to make anyone feel sorry for me or play the pitty card or anything, I just want to show my supervisor that I can deliver on what he has requsted of me and hopefully be able to keep my job as I am loving it so much!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
Re: I need some help please

Hi Dave
Can you upload the latest quoting tool please.
I'll have a look when I get a chance, but I would still stick with what you have for the time being, to keep the super happy !!

Upvote 0
But how will it keep my supervisor happy if it won't work?

Upvote 0
By the way, thanks as well for offering to help me..

Upvote 0
But how will it keep my supervisor happy if it won't work?
This is your primary focus at the moment.....changing to ranges comes after that.
Also, keep in mind, that if a number of people get involved, you will need to be constantly reposting or uploading the latest modified version.

What tertiary education did you undertake.?

Upvote 0
The version I previously uploaded is pretty much the latest version.

I completed a certificate IV in it at TAFE and then started a degree at university. It took me twice as long to complete it and it has been quite a hard journey but I got there in the end.

Upvote 0
I just thought of an idea. Because it seems to work fine one my home pc but not at work, do you think it might be a problem with permissions? Obviously, I don't have administrative privelleges at work, but I do at home so do you think the lack of admin privelleges might be the reason I am having trouble at work?

Upvote 0
The permissions thing could be worth a look....talk to your IT guys and try to get some insights into the differences.
Especially if you can find someone in IT that is Excel savvy !
The workbooks open lines that you have problems with, seem to work fine on other computers, including OP's on these threads. So it's logical that there may be an issue with security.
We may have mentioned it previously, but have you tried writing a small code that simply opens the allocation workbook, and does nothing else....and see if it runs at work ???

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back