One cell less Formula Smartsheet/Excel

ctackett6407

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I'm finding myself copy and pasting things 1000's of times (literally) and I do not want to spend my whole weekend working on one spreadsheet lol

I'm using both Excel and Smartsheet so this is a formula from Smartsheet, but I want to know for both areas.

=SUMIFS({Resources_Required Data}, {Group_Name}, $[Primary Column]$391, {Weather Data}, $[Primary Column]$408, {Day of Week Data}, $[Primary Column]409, {ADD_TIMESTAMP Data}, >=DATE(2016, 1, 1), {ADD_TIMESTAMP Data}, <=DATE(2016, 12, 31))

Is there a way in Excel to lessen an anchored cell to be one less than another cell?

example, referencing the above formula I made.. is there a way to add something to the formula to have $[Primary Column]$408 be one less than $[Primary Column]409?

If I can figure that out then I'll be one step closer to not having to manually update 7 cells in each section.

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
ctackett6407,

It's not clear to me, how your data is set up.
Maybe you explore the possible use of using OFFSET and or INDIRECT
If as I suspect, your reference to 7 is to do with days of the week then maybe MOD() with a divisor of 7 might help.

Hope that helps.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply,

it's not really about the data it's about repeating the same step over and over for every section.

For each "Group" I paste my section then I have to go in and manually update the reference. I have a part in each formula that pulls in the "Group" name for that section so that has to be updated manually, but there is one spot where it's just 1 less than another cell and I was curious if there was a way that can be incorporated in the formula.

I made a little video clip

https://streamable.com/so9mn

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnur

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back