Can you copy a row from one worksheet to another dependant on drop menu selection

Steve_f

Hi All, I have a spreadsheet and would like to know if it is possible if somebody selects "yes" from adrop menu options of "yes/no" that the row is atomatically copied from one sheet to another that is password protected?
I want the first sheet to accumulate the workflow coming into my team but only copy the items that are ready to the second spreadsheet that will be password protected for thei use only.
Any help will be greatly appeciated please?
Steve

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
Hello Steve,

After having a look at the code in the sheet module, I noticed that you still haven't changed this line of code:-

Code:
[COLOR=#0000cd]Target.EntireRow.Copy Sheet2.Range([/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000]"A4"[/COLOR][COLOR=#0000cd]) .End(3)(2)[/COLOR]

to

Code:
Target.EntireRow.Copy Sheet2.Range([COLOR=#ff0000]"A" & Rows.Count[/COLOR]).End(3)(2)

Take note of the differences indicated in red font. Change the line of code as indicated above and it will work for you.

If you are sharing the file via the "cloud" then it will error. Cloud storage does not support VBA macros.
You can store a macro enabled workbook in the "cloud", but if you want to use the macros, you'll need to download it/open it on your desktop.

Cheerio,
vcoolio.

Upvote 0
Hi vcoolio, great thank you. I hadchanged in in the code but there was a module1 there too (Not sure how I did that?).
Yes we are using office 365 unfortunately.
Thanks for all your help it is really appreciated. Not sure how I give you a thumbs up on here but would gladly do it if you let me know how.
Cheers
Steve

Upvote 0
Hello Steve,

You're welcome. I'm glad to have been able to assist. Remove the standard module (module1) BTW!

You can give thanks/likes if you feel like it by clicking on the up arrow over to the left of any thread reply box.

Cheerio,
vcoolio.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catterz66

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back