Thread: Formula Help - Multiple COUNTIF's to validate if value is in range - Excel 2016

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Formula Help - Multiple COUNTIF's to validate if value is in range - Excel 2016

Hello All,

I have a formula that looks at 3 different sheets to validate if the value is in a range but I need help updating or using another method to enter the forumla.

Here is what I got so far but its not all the way there.

Formula: =IF(COUNTIF('Drama & Comedy'!$J$7:$L$33,"*"&E2&"*")>0=TRUE,"Backlog",IF(COUNTIF('Unscripted, Film, Kids'!$J$7:$L$33,"*"&E2&"*")>0=TRUE,"Backlog",IF(COUNTIF(Oprah!$J$7:$L$33,"*"&E2&"*")>0=TRUE,"Backlog","Grid")))

The jist of what is needed that is missing from the formula, is for each Countif that looks at different sheets, if the value is completely missing, mark it with "Not Available", If it is in range J7:L33 then "Backlog", if it is in range N7:T33 then "Grid".

I don't know how to enter the piece about "Not available" or how to modify what I currently have to suit.

Any help is appreciated. Also, the formula can't be an array formula since users won't be interacting with that sheet. Its something that I am flagging on the back end of the spreadsheet.
    Regards,
    JT

Please follow the forum Rules and Guidelines

To post a screenshot try one of these links

MrExcel HTML Maker, RoryA addin (Win & Mac) or Borders-Copy-Paste

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Default Re: Formula Help - Multiple COUNTIF's to validate if value is in range - Excel 2016

Maybe:

=IF(SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIF(INDIRECT({"'Drama & Comedy'","'Unscripted, Film, Kids'","Oprah"}&"!J7:L33"),"*"&E2&"*")),"Backlog",IF(SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIF(INDIRECT({"'Drama & Comedy'","'Unscripted, Film, Kids'","Oprah"}&"!N7:T33"),"*"&E2&"*")),"Grid","Not Available"))
    Cheers,
    Eric

When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

-Posting guidelines, forum rules, terms of use, FAQs, BB codes, See how to search the forum
    -Post a screen shot with the HTML Maker

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Formula Help - Multiple COUNTIF's to validate if value is in range - Excel 2016

Formula worked like a charm! Thanks for all the help on this. Got me past my roadblock.
    Regards,
    JT

Please follow the forum Rules and Guidelines

To post a screenshot try one of these links

MrExcel HTML Maker, RoryA addin (Win & Mac) or Borders-Copy-Paste

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

You're welcome!

Glad it worked for you.

Some videos you may like

User Tag List