Continue formula, skipping every 4th row, without skipping reference?

ndeaette

Hi all,

I'm working on a pretty hefty spreadsheet right now which will tally scores during our application review process. The sheet currently has 3 sheets, one with raw scores, one with weight values, and one where I'm multiplying raw scores by their weight values to get weighted scores.

The weighted scores tab has 4 rows in each section (because there is a total row) but the raw scores tab only has 3, so I can't copy the formula down because I need to account for the total row.

Is there any way to continue a formula down the column, skipping every 4th row (the total row) without skipping a reference on the other sheet?

Hopefully this makes sense, I'm having a hard time explaining.

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
Perhaps you can give us a hint as to your data layout and exactly what parts of it need to be multiplied. Posting a sample copy of your workbook to DropBox so we can download it and see where everything is located at would be even better (make sure to show us the result you want from the sample numbers you post).

Upvote 0
Perhaps you can give us a hint as to your data layout and exactly what parts of it need to be multiplied. Posting a sample copy of your workbook to DropBox so we can download it and see where everything is located at would be even better (make sure to show us the result you want from the sample numbers you post).

Here's a Dropbox link to the spreadsheet: https://www.dropbox.com/s/735mhzismyjjpxt/Final Scoring.xlsx?dl=0

Look at the "weighted scores" tab, and notice what I've started doing in column E. Notice how E8 pulls data from T7 in Raw scores, and E10 pulls data from T8. I had to do this manually but I'm hoping there's a way to get the formula to skip over a cell in the E column without skipping over anything from the Raw Scores tab.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back