Excel Indexing formula to Match two criteria and find the closest match on a third criteria

ds3197

Hello,

i am working on trying to automate one of the tasks that i have to complete at my job,
this consists of matching the charge rate on our system to a list of charge rates in a database,
the old way of doing this works but is very manual and takes a long time to complete.
the new way that i have come up with is one formula that indexes a unique code on another worksheet dependant on the variable listed below.

firstly needs to only return a direct match for Trust Code (which is a 6 digit code for each NHS Trust)
secondly the formula needs to find the closest charge rate to the rate on the invoice and return the unique code.

i have got the above formula to work but have realised the formula still needs to include a match for the description of the shift (E.G Day, Night, Saturday or Sunday)
all of these codes are on the Trust Rates Tab on the attached spreadsheet where i have created a version of the spreadsheet i am working on but without any of the sensitive data that im not allowed to share.

i have also included different variations of formulas that i have tried along with annotations to the spreadsheet to try and give as much information as possible in the hope someone can help me solve this problem

Unfortunately i am unable to attach anything to this forum so i have attached the document on the below forum if you could follow the link you will be able to see the example spreadsheet.

https://www.excelforum.com/excel-fo...est-match-on-a-third-criteri.html#post5218796

Thank you

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back