Get Row value from cell below but keep Column Reference

Lookslikerain

I am currently picking cells from another spreadsheet (MasterSheet) which is a flat row by row data set Column A to F 600+ rows.
The Slave sheet I am using to create a more user friendly layout of the Master Sheet so same data but with a slightly different layout, with headers created from date from the master sheet.

Issue is in the Slave In Column C I have the data from Master column F, to make the slave more user friendly In column C where each data set changes category I need to take data from Master column D into the row where the category changes in the slave creating a header.

For this to work where the header is copied into Column C, the Slave needs to use the Row number reference from the row below but use the column letter D and not F
Example;
Column C
Row 1 ='[Master.xls]sheet1!'!F109
Row 2 ='[Master.xls]sheet1!'!F110
Row 3 ='[Master.xls]sheet1!'!D111
Row 4 ='[Master.xls]sheet1!'!F111
Row 5 ='[Master.xls]sheet1!'!F112
Row 6 ='[Master.xls]sheet1!'!F113
Row 7 ='[Master.xls]sheet1!'!F114
Row 8 ='[Master.xls]sheet1!'!D115
Row 9 ='[Master.xls]sheet1!'!F115

Header rows are Row 3 and 8 In need to be able to cut and paste a header row "template" where the headers are required required and have it take the row number from the cell below's reference, so the header row should start ='[Master.xls]sheet1!'!D then what ever the row number is from the cell below.

It is the "then what ever the row number is from the cell below." part I am struggling with. As the row number in the cell below could be any length numeric value. This would speed up manually adding the header rows in if we could just paste in a row with the formula that gets the right row number.

I am probably over thinking this but no idea where to start with this on, any help is greatly appreciated.

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bsb1122

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back