Solution for linking Excel and Outlook

VBAwful

Hi Guys,

I have just started a university society and am in charge of most of the admin. As part of this I need to keep track of members details. Currently we have an entry form set up via Weebly(a website building platform) which allows us new members to enter their details and subsequently emails us their details in a ****geneous format.

Previously we have manually entered our members details from these emails into our central database however as our membership grows this has become irksome and time consuming. What we would like to do is find some way that we could tell excel to extract the information from emails in a certain folder and input it into a spread sheet in a macro so that we could update our records at the touch of a button.

Is this possible? If so what methods would we need to use?

Furthermore, if this is not possible then could you suggest any possible solutions to this problem.

Thanks for reading,

Sean

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
Hi Sean,

Welcome to the Board...

To collect data from the members which comes through mail, then the best way to use Access.

Use Access External Data, and send the members to fill required fields.

Then, in outlook, a separate folder is created to store those mails from members. Then in Access, you can use manage replies in collect data tab.

This is what I follow in my organisation.

Hope this is helpful for you.

Upvote 0
Thank you so much, that seems perfect for my needs. I didn't realise that Office had that kind of functionality!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dsharae57

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back