Thread: Data Mining Software for use with excel
Thanks Thanks: 0 Likes Likes: 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Data Mining Software for use with excel

I am trying to get data from a website into excel. I have been on Wikipedia and a number of software has been recommended. I am using a MacBook Pro. My question is simple which piece of software is best for use with excel?

Software

See also: Category:Data mining and machine learning software.

Free open-source data mining software and applications

The following applications are available under free/open source licenses. Public access to application source code is also available.

• Carrot2: Text and search results clustering framework.
    • Chemicalize.org: A chemical structure miner and web search engine.
    • ELKI: A university research project with advanced cluster analysis and outlier detection methods written in the Javalanguage.
    • GATE: a natural language processing and language engineering tool.
    • KNIME: The Konstanz Information Miner, a user friendly and comprehensive data analytics framework.
    • Massive Online Analysis (MOA): a real-time big data stream mining with concept drift tool in the Java programming language.
    • MEPX - cross platform tool for regression and classification problems based on a Genetic Programming variant.
    • ML-Flex: A software package that enables users to integrate with third-party machine-learning packages written in any programming language, execute classification analyses in parallel across multiple computing nodes, and produce HTML reports of classification results.
    • MLPACK library: a collection of ready-to-use machine learning algorithms written in the C++ language.
    • NLTK (Natural Language Toolkit): A suite of libraries and programs for symbolic and statistical natural language processing (NLP) for the Python language.
    • OpenNN: Open neural networks library.
    • Orange: A component-based data mining and machine learning software suite written in the Python language.
    • R: A programming language and software environment for statistical computing, data mining, and graphics. It is part of the GNU Project.
    • scikit-learn is an open source machine learning library for the Python programming language
    • Torch: An open source deep learning library for the Lua programming language and scientific computing framework with wide support for machine learning algorithms.
    • UIMA: The UIMA (Unstructured Information Management Architecture) is a component framework for analyzing unstructured content such as text, audio and video – originally developed by IBM.
    • Weka: A suite of machine learning software applications written in the Java programming language.

Proprietary data-mining software and applications

The following applications are available under proprietary licenses.

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Data Mining Software for use with excel

It depends on what you are trying to do.
    R is my personal preference for large data sets (over 104,576 rows) and engineer calculations.
    You need to sharp your statistics skills if you want to use R.
    Last edited by marious; Apr 26th, 2018 at 11:07 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Data Mining Software for use with excel

I'd go with marious, R is free and has a large online community of help. It's used in a lot of universities to teach data mining.
    "If you think this Universe is bad, you should see some of the others" - Philip K. Di˘k

Some videos you may like

User Tag List