KatSlif

HelloI have a group of records that have a text comment where I need to extract certain words e.g. need to extract word HOUSE123 HOUSE 12111 HOUSE 25231 35951 HOUSE 30357 78If I say Like HOUSE is downloads all the records with HOUSE in the text but when I run the query I need it to download all the records so I can see the records that have not had HOUSE recorded.The data I am working with has a lot more text than the example above and I am searching for other key words as well so it is a big query.I need to see all the records whether they have had HOUSE recorded or not - data quality check?Does that make sense?Katherine

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
Please post the SQL code of your query (or if it very large, at least post the Criteria portion of it).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Maybe clarify as well. In one part you say you need to "extract" certain words, then say you want to exclude them. Since queries don't "extract" and they can return records where a field does or does not contain data, which is it you need to do?
If you use LIKE *something* you will get everything contains "something" along with whatever comes before or after "something" because of the wild card (*). If you want to return only certain words and nothing else in that field, you have a more complex problem.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donna_koenig

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back