Thanks Thanks: 0 Likes Likes: 0

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Report issue suppressing page Header and Footer on report footer

My report's final item is a chart image which is in the report footer. I don't want the page header and footer displayed here.
    I thought it would be easy - I set the report properties Page Header and Page Footer to "Not with Rpt Ftr".
    But although that works for printing (i.e. exporting to PDF), in View mode it suppresses the page header and footer!
    This is NOT what I expected. Any help is appreciated.

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Report issue suppressing page Header and Footer on report footer

In report View mode the idea of pages doesn't really exist - i.e. its one big report. I tend to open the reports for users in Print Preview mode so they see the paginated report as the would if it was printed.

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't expect the Page Header to disappear from View mode, which is how the report will be viewed most of the time.

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't understand why a page header or footer is relevant in the Report View, typically you would display repeating headers for printed pages, page numbers etc on these. In report view there are no pages - it would essentially show once.

what are you trying to achieve, could it be that the information you want to show would be better suited to a particular group header or footer with force new page option set?

Why do you mainly view in the report view, is the report interactive? If not then just show it in preview and the headers and footers will display.

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got it to work by putting the header and footer in the group (Data) report and header which ends before the report footer which is the chart. Even then the header/footer tried to keep printing, but I added code that stopped that when page # = number of pages.

Some videos you may like

User Tag List