Thanks Thanks: 0 Likes Likes: 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Power Query & Bringing in Values based on condition

Thank you for your time in reading this<
    I've done my share of searching, but I think I don't know how to ask this question.

I have a workbook with multiple connection queries, but I don't want to bring all the tens of thousands of lines of data into the table.
    Is there a way to look at the connected sheets through some kind of filter, and only bring in ones that meet certain conditions?

IE If I have data sets for each state, lets say with record identifiers unique to the state like FL TX CA MD, etc. These data sets are on a network drive and are huge.
    In my sheet I tell it I want calculations for only florida data, is there a way to only bring in that data so the worksheet takes far less time to update and doesn't have to deal with the extra records the other sets bring.

Yes, I know I could bring "all" the data in then filter it in the table as a step to remove the items I don't want.
    But that still brings in all 49 other states, and is exceedingly time consuming downloading due to their size/amount of records, and that they are being pulled from a network drive.

I have tried my share of searching, but as I mentioned I'm not sure if I'm asking the question correctly so i'm not finding answers to what I need.
    Any help in identifying how to ask this question better, or a link/answer would be very much appreciated.

Thank you,
    Collin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Re: Power Query & Bringing in Values based on condition

filter/transform in PQ editor then load result into the sheet
    I know you know but I forgot my Crystal Ball and don't know what you know

In the first post, show the type of machine (PC / Mac) and the Office version you are working on
    impossible things we do on the spot. for miracles you need to wait for a while

Some videos you may like

User Tag List