Pandemic Relief Excel Course Features 26 Instructors
May 13, 2020 - by Bill Jelen
Many of us are stuck at home during the CoVid-19 quarantine. For a very limited time, you can enroll in a unique online Excel course called “Excel Tips by the Experts”. Twenty-six Excel experts from around the world each contributed a 10-to-15 minute lesson to the course.
This is a great chance to brush up on your Excel skills. By watching a few lessons, you can learn some new Excel skills. You will also have a chance to see the teaching style of some Excel experts who are new to you, and you might subscribe to their blog or YouTube channel.
The course enrollment is only open through May 19, 2020. Once you enroll, you have access to the videos for six months. The 25 lessons include over five hours of instruction. The enrollment fee is either $10 or $20. The course is the same whether you pay $10 or $20. You choose what you can pay.
“This is a once in a lifetime global pandemic and a once in a lifetime Excel course. Your enrollment fee will be used in the fight against CoVid-19 in the places that it is needed most,” according to Paula Guilfoyle, an instructor at The Excel Club who organized the course.
All of the money raised through the course is going to given to GOAL. What is GOAL? Founded in 1977, GOAL has responded to almost all of the world’s major humanitarian crises since, working with vulnerable communities in more than 60 countries.
Alan Vard, Senior Development Manager for GOAL said: “A huge thanks to everybody at the Excel Club for coming up with this unique idea which will encourage people to use time at home to upskill, while raising funds for GOAL’s COVID-19 response at the same time.”
To sign up for the course, visit https://goalexcel.newzenler.com/. But hurry, as you must enroll by May 19, 2020.
The lessons and instructors in the course are:
- Page Layout & Printing Tips by Celia Alves of Solve & Excel Consulting
- MOD function and a few practical examples by Ajay Anand of XL n CAD
- Conditional Formatting by Sumit Bansal of Trump Excel
- Why Excel's table feature will save you so much time by David Benaim of XLconsulting
- Getting started with Power Pivot – 10 simple measures you can create now by Chandoo of Chandoo.org
- Filter Tricks using Power Query by Chandeep Chhabra of Goodly.co.in
- New types charts Excel 2016 and 2019 by Yolanda Cuesta of Excel, accounting and ITC
- PivotTables and PivotCharts by Abiola David of Excel Jet Consult
- Ideas feature by Cristiano Galvão of Excel Turbo
- Charting tips by Puneet Gogia of Excel Champs
- Import Exchange rate currencies for all dates by Frédéric LE GUEN of Excel Exercise
- XLOOKUP by Paula Guilfoyle of The Excel Club
- Choosing a Chart by Ingeborg Hawighorst of teylyn
- Charting your geographic data using 3D Maps by Bill Jelen of Mr Excel
- Use Date Function Confidently by Karpagam T of Karpagam Excel
- Power Pivot 101 by Jeff Lenning of excel-university.com
- Power Automate Excel add in by John McDougall of How to Excel
- Keyboard Shortscuts for Excel users by John Michaloudis of My Excel Online
- Switching Charts with Drop Lists by Nabil Mourad of OfficeInstructor.com
- SUMIFS by Alan Murray of ComputerGaga.com
- Ranges - all the things people don't know, but should by Mark Proctor of Excel off the Grid
- What is Power Query & Clean Data Is Gold by Faraz Shaikh of Excel Exciting
- Data Models by Oz du Soleil of Excel on Fire
- Scenarios, Sensitivities and What-if Analysis by Danielle Stein Fairhurst of PlumSolutions
- Interactive Dashboard in 15 Minutes by Mynda Treacy of My Online Training Hub
- What is Unpivot in Power Query and why should you care? by Anne Walsh of The Excel Expert
Title Photo: Edwin Hooper on Unsplash