Microsoft Excel Inside Out (Office 2021 and Microsoft 365)
Conquer Microsoft Excel from the inside out!
- 848 pages
- Publisher: Microsoft Press
- ISBN: 978-0-13-755953-4
- PDF ISBN: 978-0-13-755961-9
Dive Into Microsoft Excel for Office 2021 and Microsoft 365 and really put your spreadsheet expertise to work. This supremely well-organized reference packs hundreds of timesaving solutions, tips, and workaroundsall you need to make the most of Excels most powerful tools for analyzing data and making better decisions. Renowned Excel expert Bill Jelen offers a complete tour of Excel and its latest innovations, from advanced analysis and visualizations to dashboards. Discover how experts tackle todays key tasksand challenge yourself to new levels of mastery.
- Save time with galleries, keyboard accelerators, and other shortcuts.
- Enter formulas more efficiently, and fully control operators and dates.
- Use new data types to return photos, arrays, or weather history and even create your own.
- Master Excels most widely-used functions.
- Integrate external data from the web and other sources.
- Use the new XLOOKUP function to retrieve data more efficiently, with fewer errors.
- Store powerful specialized logic in LAMBDA functionsand avoid their limitations.
- Easily transform complex datasets with Power Query.
- Quickly summarize millions of records with pivot tables.
- Perform ad hoc analyses and create advanced data mashups.
- Use Analyze Datas artificial intelligence to get answers and auto-generate pivot tables.
- Solve complex problems with What-If, Scenario Manager, Goal Seek, and Solver.
- Automate repetitive tasks by editing recorded VBA code.
- Demystify data with conditional formatting and other visualization techniques.
- Make the most of Excels newest maps and charts.
- Add visual power with icons, 3D models, and animated 3D maps.
Part I The Excel interface
- Chapter 1 Whats new in Microsoft 365 Excel
- Chapter 2 Using the Excel interface
- Chapter 3 Customizing Excel
- Chapter 4 Keyboard shortcuts
Part II Calculating with Excel
- Chapter 5 Understanding formulas
- Chapter 6 Controlling formulas
- Chapter 7 Understanding functions
- Chapter 8 Using everyday functions: math, date and time, and text functions
- Chapter 9 Using powerful functions: logical, lookup, and database functions
- Chapter 10 Using names, LET, LAMBDA, and Data Types in Excel
- Chapter 11 Connecting worksheets and workbooks
- Chapter 12 Dynamic array formulas and names in Excel
Part III Data analysis with Excel
- Chapter 13 Transforming data with Power Query
- Chapter 14 Summarizing data using subtotals or filter
- Chapter 15 Using pivot tables to analyze data
- Chapter 16 Using slicers and filtering a pivot table
- Chapter 17 Mashing up data with Power Pivot
- Chapter 18 Using What-If, Scenario Manager, Goal Seek, and Solver
- Chapter 19 Automating repetitive functions using VBA macros
- Chapter 20 More tips and tricks for Excel
Part IV Excel visuals
- Chapter 21 Formatting worksheets
- Chapter 22 Using data visualizations and conditional formatting
- Chapter 23 Graphing data using Excel charts
- Chapter 24 Using 3D Maps
- Chapter 25 Using sparklines
- Chapter 26 Formatting spreadsheets for presentation
- Chapter 27 Printing
- Chapter 28 Collaborating in Excel
Part V Appendixes
- Appendix A Excel functions
- Appendix B Excel functions with DAX or Power Query equivalents
- Appendix C Adding functionality to Excel with add-ins