Supercharge Power BI
Power BI is Better When You Learn to Write DAX!
Hands-on book to learn and master the DAX language!
- Paperback: 192 Pages
- Publisher: Holy Macro! Books
- Print ISBN: 978-1-61547-054-9
- PDF ISBN: 978-1-61547-237-6
- ePub ISBN: 978-1-61547-360-1
- Mobi (Kindle) ISBN: 978-1-61547-137-9
Released in 2018, this book will teach you the DAX language from the ground up, using Power BI as your canvas. Microsoft Power BI is a self-service business intelligence tool. Anyone can get started with Power BI by downloading Power BI Desktop, loading up some data, and building a report. But with this basic approach, you can only scratch the surface of POWER BI's capabilities. If you want to be able to supercharge Power BI, you need to learn to write DAX. Data Analysis Expressions (DAX) is the formula language of Power BI and Power Pivot for Excel.
This book prompts the reader to put your new skills to the test. Written to give you hands-on practice using Power BI Desktop and writing DAX.
- Concept: Introduction to Data Modelling
- Concept: Loading Data
- Concept: Measures
- DAX Topic: SUM(), COUNT(), COUNTROWS(), MIN(), MAX(), COUNTBLANK(), and DIVIDE()
- Concept: Filter Propagation
- Concept: Lookup Tables and Data Tables
- DAX Topic: The Basic Iterators SUMX() and AVERAGEX()
- DAX Topic: Calculated Columns
- DAX Topic: CALCULATE()
- Concept: Evaluation Context and Context Transition
- DAX Topic: IF(), SWITCH(), and FIND()
- DAX Topic: VALUES(), HASONEVALUE(), SELECTEDVALUE(), and CONCATENATEX()
- DAX Topic: ALL(), ALLEXCEPT(), and ALLSELECTED()
- DAX Topic: FILTER()
- DAX Topic: Time Intelligence
- DAX Topic: RELATED() and RELATEDTABLE()
- Concept: Disconnected Tables
- Concept: Multiple Data Tables
- Concept: Using Analyze in Excel and Cube Formulas
- Transferring Your Skills to Excel
- Next Steps on Your DAX Journey
- Appendix A: Answers to Practice Exercises
- Table of Here's How Sections
Where to Buy
We will ship you a physical copy of the book, plus you can immediately download the e-book in any of three DRM-Free versions: PDF, ePub, or Mobi.
Outside of the USA, purchase the e-book. Again, you can choose from any of 3 DRM-Free editions when you purchase from: