2-Digit Year

dalameda

after copying data into excel, it brings over a column of dates showing as "01-Feb-10" for example. This date is stored as a 2 year date. I have formulas that are comparing the dates in this coumn with the current date, but of course it doesnt work right when comparing a 2-digit year with a 4-digit year.
does anybody know how i can create a macro that would start in a certain cell (say G16) automatically go down to the last data string showing in that column (which could change) and "convert XX to 20XX."??
<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"> <v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype>

Maybe this

Code:
Sub ChDates()
Dim LR As Long, i As Long
LR = Range("G" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
For i = 16 To LR
    With Range("G" & i)
        .NumberFormat = "dd/mm/yyyy"
        .Value = DateValue(Mid(.Value, 4, 2) & "/" & Left(.Value, 2) & "/" & Right(.Value, 2))
    End With
Next i
End Sub

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
Thanks, I got it working (the previous post). However, could you assist in getting me help in different macro? I have attached a few screen-shots (see screen-shot 01 for clarification).
On daily basis, I work with files that I need to extract data for specific time (04:00, 08:00, 12:00, 16:00, 20:00 and 00:00). "00:00" is for today and the rest of hours go back to yesterday timing (in retrospect). The previous code from web-page "Re: 2-Digit Year" was required to format dates (see screen-shot 02).
In the 3rd screen-shot shown the data I need to pull from each page of a workbook. It is highlighted in green, in the column "I" for the hours 04:00, 08:00, 12:00, 16:00, 20:00 and 00:00 (see screen-shot 03 and screen-shot 05). How can I make a proper macro that loops through entire workbook, copies the required data and pastes (transpose) it in a separate worksheet with name of each worksheet corresponding? See screenshot-4 for clarification (the way I need the data organized).

I tried to do the combination of these macros. But it makes only half of the required task. Is there a way to make it fully automatic? I am using MS Excel 2010.

Here are posted the screenshots.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/webUpload?uname=bamerand

Sub Select_Hours()
Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:=Array("00:00", "04:00", "08:00", "12:00", "16:00", _ 'make selection with mouse
"20:00", "4:00", "8:00", "0:00"), Operator:=xlFilterValues
With Selection
.Interior.Color = 65535
End With
End Sub

Sub GoToDate()
Dim MyRow As Long
With Worksheets("120") 'change name for each worksheet
MyRow = .Columns("A").Find(Date).Row
Application.Goto .Range("A" & MyRow), True
End With
End Sub

Sub ChDates()
Dim LR As Long, i As Long
LR = Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
On Error Resume Next
For i = 1 To LR
With Range("A" & i)
.NumberFormat = "dd/mm/yyyy"
.Value = DateValue(.Value)
End With
Next i
End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chase S

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back