A form that creates a dashboard/report of your data

officialalexlee

Hello everyone,

Before you read this post know that I am not very skilled at all at excel. I made this account at work today because my boss wants me to create this tool but I don't have the slightest clue how.

I probably am going to sound like an idiot so bare with me here. I apologize in advance.

So...I have an excel document with tons of client data. I want to be able to have an interface similar to something like this
Access-Report-Builder-Preview-3.png

where I can hit a drop down sort it by the salesman. Than after I sort it by the salesman or something, I can sort it by something like category too.

So with these two categories , it will filter for all the data with all the clients by this salesman and in this category and it will plug into some kind of dashboard / report. and it will fill into a a bunch of different graphs and data analysis tools that I have previously set up as a dashboard.

With the ending being something like a pivot table/graph/other tools set up for this dashboard, like this

pivot-chart.jpg

Again I have no idea what I'm talking about and if you can at all understand anything im saying, Than any help to lead me in the right direction would be much appreciated

thanks

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
Well assuming you can write macros you will want to look into creating user forms in vba. Forms are class objects like anything else that you add controls to and then based on the actions of the controls and the values they contain, you can edit your worksheets and format them into reports or whatever.

You really arent asking a question so someone can literally write a book on explaining how to create this.

Why dont you try to create a form, that has a text box and a button on it... and when you press the button it writes the value in a textbox into cell A1... if you can do that, then maybe there is hope for you :)

i really dont understand what your boss is thinking asking you to program something and you are not a computer programmer. :)

I am more than willing to help when im free but you need to ask a question :)

Upvote 0
This is definitely hard to guide if you are a complete beginner at Excel. What I recommend looking into are Userforms in Excel. These are very similar if not identical to what you want to achieve from the first image. Look into that and see where it leads. Good luck and if you need any more help let us know.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickWBA

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back