Absolute Reference in INDEX MATCH doesn't work!?

Spreadthemsheets

Hi,

PLEASE HELP!

In my spreadsheet I have the ID of the product I am searching for in column "A" and the Dates across row 7. there are thousands of dates and hundreds of products. I typed this formula to return a specific attribute (in array column #13) and it works in the first cell. but when I try to copy the formula across the next dates the formula updates MATCH(1,(Data!$A$2:$A$1557=A7) to MATCH(1,(Data!$A$2:$A$1557=B7). I tried to fix this with absolute refrence but I get a #N/A error.

{=INDEX(Data!$A$2:$M$1557,MATCH(1,(Data!$A$2:$A$1557=A7)*(Data!$E$2:$E$1557=C6),0),13)}

Does anyone know why i can't use absolute reference and if there is some way I can fix this?

Also posted at http://www.excelforum.com/excel-for...173897-absolute-reference-in-index-match.html

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
This bold part of your formula: =INDEX(Data!$A$2:$M$1557,MATCH(1,(Data!$A$2:$A$1557=A7)*(Data!$E$2:$E$1557=C6),0),13)

This = Match(1,A7*C6,0)

The second input for Match function is your lookup array. Without knowing what is in your spreadsheet I don't think I can help any further.

Upvote 0
Hey All,

Thanks so much for your help. It was a STUPID error on my part. I was hitting "ENTER" instead of "CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER".

Thanks again,
Caleb

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MhammadishaqKhan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back