Access 2010 Import Data From Excel Error

bkatsma

I have been beating my head against the wall because I can't figure out what is going on. When I try to import data into a table I am getting "Field "F42" Doesn't Exist in Destination Table" error. I have a "client lists" table, and I am trying to add additional records to it.

Below is my export process:
I export my Acess table as an xlsx via the ribbon into Access. When I export I select "keep the formatting". In Excel I delete all the existing records, and add the new ones make sure all formatting and primary keys are correct. I select "keep the formatting" in hopes of making sure all headers are correctly formatted and I have a template for the new data.

My import process:
I verify all formatting is correct and lines up with my Access database. In Access, I select import from the ribbon, select the correct xlsx, select "Append" database along with the correct table. I click through the wizard and at the end I get this error.

I am not using any VBA. Just trying to use good ol' Access and Excel. What am I doing wrong! Thanks for any help.

<tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
When I try to import data into a table I am getting "Field "F42" Doesn't Exist in Destination Table" error. I have a "client lists" table, and I am trying to add additional records to it.
I have seen errors like this on occasion. It usually indicates that you have an extra column way out there in your Excel file that Access is trying to import. If you open your Excel file and hit CTRL-END, it should jump to the last row and column on that sheet. Does it go where you expect it to, or much further? If it goes further, delete all extra rows and columns, save, and try again.

Alternatively, you could name the range in Excel that you wish to import. Then, as you are importing the file into Access, you can elect to import that name range instead of the whole sheet. That should ensure that you are only going to import what you want.

Upvote 0
Thanks Joe4. I did tried what you suggesting and I believe I had some extra columns, and a lone variable in a distant cell that needed to be deleted. I deleted all the "extra" columns, and the lone variable. Then I was able to get the data into Access.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aides

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back