Access noob to say the least!

IronMan1982

Hi All,

I'm in desperate need of some help. I have a list of spreadsheets that each contain a unique ID for a business.

what i am trying to do is create a database in access so that i can run a query on the unique ID and it will return all the results from all the spreadsheets for that ID...

i have attached a link as the picture wont link properly to give some more context...I haven't used access since I was 16! so really could do with the help unless there's an easier way to do it in Excel?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9I1WU_jgoIVckVyLTl5Vm1pVXc/view?usp=sharing

Thanks in advance for your help.

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
The information you supplied is too sketchy to do much more than give broad suggestions.
- you could use Microsoft Query in Excel and do something with the data in a workbook; either one of the ones you mention or one that consolidates the data via a query.
- you could link each of the sheets as a table in Access (1 per table) and join the fields (Access term, akin to column in Excel) to each other in a query. You'd add each table to the query and assuming they were positioned left to right in the query design view, join the fields that contain the ID from one to the next. If you wish to find all the records from all the tables that contain a particular ID, you need only put that ID as criteria in one of the fields in the criteria grid.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaagu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back