Add another criteria to this Index - Match - Large combo formula?

RockandGrohl

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
It's Friday Evening and my brain is melted, I can't think and this is providing me with errors which is incredibly frustrating.

{=INDEX(Dashboard!$D$4:$D$17143,MATCH(1,INDEX((LARGE(IF(Dashboard!$A$4:$A$17143=A3,Dashboard!$O$4:$O$17143),G3)=Dashboard!$O$4:$O$17143)*(Dashboard!$A$4:$A$17143=A3),),0))}

That's my formula, I need to add one more criteria.

Dashboard is where all the data is held. Column D is a list of Tour References which I am dragging back when it finds the highest score in Column O, this finds the highest score based on a range of cells 17,143 long which is column A.

So the current criteria is "If I can find A3 in Dashboard A4:A17143" and "Find the highest score" and return it.

I need to add another criteria which is "If in Dashboard 'column I' find D3"

When I do this, I get an error:

{=INDEX(Dashboard!$D$4:$D$17143,MATCH(1,INDEX((LARGE(IF(Dashboard!$A$4:$A$17143=A3,Dashboard!$O$4:$O$17143),G3)=Dashboard!$O$4:$O$17143)*(Dashboard!$A$4:$A$17143=A3)*(Dashboard!$I4:I$17143=D3),),0))}

Hope someone can help before what remains of my consciousness vapourises.

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.
Re: Should be a simple one - how do I add another criteria to this Index - Match - Large combo formula?

Hello,

Adding a criteria in your array formula is only modifying the Matrix of Trues and Falses ...

So just make sure your database does hold the results you are looking for ...

You can double-check with Filter ...

Hope this will help

Upvote 0
Re: Should be a simple one - how do I add another criteria to this Index - Match - Large combo formula?

Possibly, control+shift+enter, not just enter;

=INDEX(Dashboard!$D$4:$D$17143,MATCH(1,INDEX((LARGE(IF(Dashboard!$A$4:$A$17143=A3,Dashboard!$O$4:$O$17143),G3)=Dashboard!$O$4:$O$17143)*(Dashboard!$A$4:$A$17143=A3)*(Dashboard!$I4:I$17143=D3),0),0))

Upvote 0

Possibly, control+shift+enter, not just enter;

=INDEX(Dashboard!$D$4:$D$17143,MATCH(1,INDEX((LARGE(IF(Dashboard!$A$4:$A$17143=A3,Dashboard!$O$4:$O$17143),G3)=Dashboard!$O$4:$O$17143)*(Dashboard!$A$4:$A$17143=A3)*(Dashboard!$I4:I$17143=D3),0),0))

That works, kind of:

Here's an explanation. This formula sits on the Ranking sheet and looks into the Dashboard.

On the ranking Sheet, A3 is the paper name, G3 is the rank (which the LARGE formula is tied to) and D3 is the advert type (which can be either UK, EU or Promo)

This formula is placed in H3 where it pulls through the tour number of the corresponding rank in G3.

On the dashboard page, in A:A I have the paper names, D:D are the tour references, I:I is the Tour Type and O:O is the score in numeric format.

This formula does work, but there's a problem. If I set the tour type from UK to EU, I get #NA , until I manually change the score of the best EU tour from being 10th best to 1st place, in which case the formula correctly lists the best EU tour date.

I thought my Large statement in the formula would only give me the largest score it can find the range. Cheers!

Upvote 0

Can't edit, but - the error message I'm getting is the "Value not Available" message. It seems like its struggling finding specifically the kth largest score for EU or Promo tours. How weird.

Upvote 0

Can't edit, but - the error message I'm getting is the "Value not Available" message. It seems like its struggling finding specifically the kth largest score for EU or Promo tours. How weird.

Care to post a small sample along with the expected result for that sample?

Upvote 0

Care to post a small sample along with the expected result for that sample?

Sure, I'll have to cut a lot of it down, but sure.

Upvote 0

Where do I go to upload again? :p

Upvote 0

{=INDEX(Dashboard!D4:D133,MATCH(LARGE(IF(Dashboard!$A$4:$A$133=Ranking!A3,IF(Dashboard!$I$4:$I$133=Ranking!D3,Dashboard!$O$4:$O$133)),Ranking!G3),Dashboard!$O$4:$O$133,0))}

I've got this so far... that kinda... sorta... looks like it might work, actually... You can change the value from cell D3 to be UK, EU or Promo and it seems to work.

I'm not sure what will happen when two tours have the same numerical rank, however.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yesitisasport

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back