Adding ROW function in VBA that can get data from Access

Skinny1434

Hello all, sorry if this topic has been discussed before, this is my first post on the forum. I am very novice with VBA, and currently I am stuck on a certain problem. I have a ton of data, that is currently stored in Access, it used to be stored in Excel but it made the workbook run very slow. I have a table in access that has many different values for the same customer name. i.e.

Customer A 2000
Customer A 5000
Customer A 1000

Before I switched the data over to Access, I used a INDEX>ROW function that gave me all the values related to Customer A. What I am wondering now, is if there is a way to do the same with an access table. I currently have a connection to the Access table, and I am using a DBVlookup, however, I need to be able to return more than one value. Any help would be great!!

You would select the Data Menu and then Pivot Table or Pivot Chart then step through the guide if you are using Excel 2003 or lower.

You would select the Insert Tab and Pivot Table is on the left hand side if you are using 2007 or 2010.

You can always search YouTube on how to create a Pivot Table.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zHLnUCtfUk

Once you have created something you can work with then post back if you need help with setting the page option up.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ralemanygarcia

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back