Advanced search form and result sheet

Marrone

Hi everyone and thanks in advance for your help.

I am not an expert on VBA, so I apologize in advance for any unclear information or misunderstanding.

I am looking for a mentor to assist me putting together a form with advanced search options and the relevant result sheet, in order to apply changes to the cells found.

To give you a better picture of my situation, I'll try to explain the structure of the files I need to run the form to. Basically, all files have a similar structure: they all have a reference column (I'll call it ID), a source text column (I'll call it English) and a translation columns (I'll call it Translation), plus a bunch of other columns that should be completely ignored.

I need to search cells containing specific text or color in only 1 of these columns and generate a result sheet listing each cell found, along with the respective cells in the other 2 columns.
For example, let's say that ID is B, English is C and Translation is F. If I search "Apple" in "English", and results are found in C25 and C42, the report sheet should return the English column including C25 and C42 only, plus the ID column including B25 and B42 only, and the Translation column including F25 and F42 only.

My goal is to be able to analyze the result sheet, edit the Translation column and apply the changes back to the relevant cells (an Apply Changes button in it would be perfect). The columns ID and English won't need this edit feature, as they are required for reference only.

The big problem is that ID, English and Translation are not placed under the same column in all my files, so the macro's criteria should be based on the column headers, rather than static ranges. Another requirement is that I can't apply structure-related changes to the sheets, such as add, remove, move or merge cells. All I can do is just alter the Translation cell content.

So, the final result should be a form similar to the Excel's Search option, where I can pick the column to search between ID, English and Translation, the text or color to search and, ideally, check/uncheck some criteria like Case sensitive, Match the whole content or Search only in the current sheet instead of the whole Workbook.

Do you think it's possible?

Thank you all in advance.

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Excel Master

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back