After I sort data can I then extract each separate group to a new sheet?

wanna_learn

Hi all,

There are 365 unique values amid the 10000s of rows but I have tried a pivot table then filtered and then double clicked the cell to extract that group to a new sheet which works but I don't want to do that 365 times - or could I automate it?

I also extracted a unique list into a new sheet and could use a vlookup to find related data for each new sheet - but again to do that 365 times!

Am I missing something - is there an easier way. I only have basic macro knowledge..

many thanks in advance!

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
Hi wanna_learn

I am not clear on what you want to achieve.

Are you saying of all of the data, there are 365 unique identifiers, and you want to group/sort all of the data associated with the 365 unique identifiers?

Cheers

pvr928

Upvote 0
Hi wanna_learn

I am not clear on what you want to achieve.

Are you saying of all of the data, there are 365 unique identifiers, and you want to group/sort all of the data associated with the 365 unique identifiers?

Cheers

pvr928

Thanks for taking the time to read my question!
You know when you use the subtotal tool and it groups the data. I'm not particularly interested in even getting a subtotal but when the data is grouped I'd like to take each group and put it on a new sheet. There will be 365 different groups made up of a few hundred rows each I think. That would mean cutting each group separately and pasting into a new sheet then emailing each client their own group/sheet of data. My question is how could I automate this process or do it better?
Many thanks,

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teemeren

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back