Amend value of a single cell when choosing from multiple options

thebushwoodgolfclub

Hi everyone,

I apologise for the ambiguous title. I am very much a novice at Excel, and am quite unfamiliar with the terminology to use.

I belong to a social golf group, and for years we have been manually adjusting our handicaps after each round, so i thought I'd try my hand at automating it through Excel. For a complete amateur (at both golf AND Excel) I think I've done okay. I'm stuck with one thing however.

Based on a mean score (called the DCR), and a handicap formula, a player's handicap will increase, decrease, or perhaps stay the same after each round. i have a series of columns which get me to that figure. The eventual winner of the round however has his handicap adjusted further and this is where I am stuck. In my limited understanding, i believe there are two options:

a) Using the winner's name

Match the name (cell C6)

image 1

Option1_PNG.webp

3Jr7ParrQxy1hwPC9

Take their adjusted handicap from that round (cell L22 in this case. Old was 13.6 and new is 12)

image 2

Option2_PNG.webp

Append the formula from column M

image 3
Option4_PNG.webp

All the other player's handicaps in Column L do not change, and are same in column N. Only the winner's handicap is reduced. I already have a column which calculates IF they win (column M), however i only want that to apply to the winner, not all the blokes

I do apologise if this isn't overly clear. Hopefully someone might be able to assist, or at the very least point me in the right direction

Cheers
Bushwood

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Excel Master

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back