Any suggested colour combination / themes for sharing excel files between windows dark theme and light theme users?

wormaji

Due to my disability and medical problems, I have to use Windows dark themes. And therefore the font colour that I use is white on dark background. However, the people with whom I shared my files are usually using light themes which means they need dark font on white background.

This issue also exists in different colour as well. For example, if I need to highlight, I cannot do that with the yellow that is usually used by users of light themes.

I was wondering if there are any suggested Microsoft Excel themes or colour combinations for users with that background, and for users with light background.

This way, I can easily switch the colour combinations before sending them out to other users.

I had tried playing around with the colours options that is available in page layout, but I've not been able to understand it. Whatever is suggested in video tutorials make sense but am not able to actually see the changes on my files. So I was hoping that maybe there are some prebuilt themes that I try.

Thank you for any inputs

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
" I have to use Windows dark themes" ?
Are you using Windows in one of its High Contrast Modes?
Or are you using a Color Filter Mode?

Upvote 0
I am sorry, but not needing to work in high-contrast mode myself, I can probably only go so far.
When I activated the High-contrast mode, the desired affect seemed to be in place for Windows and Excel. Unfortunately, just like scaling in windows, not all applications conform to the Windows standards. Web-browsers and pages are just outside this realm as the displayed information is from the web-authors view/control.
If you have Win10 pro and the multiple desktops, I wonder if a different color/contrast mode can be set for each desktop as different applications have different performance for those modes?

Upvote 0
@SpillerBD, sorry for the late response.Somehow, it seems that my browser window did not refresh and I kept on thinking that there was no response. It's only today that I realized that perhaps I was looking at a stale copy of the web page.I don't have windows 10 professional with me.
I was wondering if it is possible to use the cell styles feature. For example, let's say I use a particular cell style for cells A1 through A3. Let's say the cell style will use dark red colour background with white colour, font. Is there a way that I can create a mapping where without changing the cell style of the cells manually, I can perhaps write a macro or use an Excel features where I say that all the cells that are using the cell style with the dark red colour background and white colour font should now start using a cell style with the light red background and black colour font.

If this is possible, then I can just create a mapping
cell style dark 1 ----> cell style light 1
cell style dark 2 ----> cell style light 2
and hopefully by just running a macro or any other feature in Microsoft Excel, I can quickly change all the cell styles in a given worksheet.

Thank you for any inputs

Upvote 0
Maybe...
Styles are tied to the current color palette and you can create a custom palette. So you may only need to choose the color palette and have a button on the sheet(s) to toggle between color palettes.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teemeren

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back