Array formula with IF criteria

datamster

Board Regular
Hello, would anyone be able to assist with an Array formula I'm working on where I'm looking to have it return only the cell in a row matching my criteria. The data starts in row 9 and row 8 is the header.

Code:
{=IFERROR(INDEX(Data!$Y$9:$Y$561,SMALL(IF(Data!$Y$9:$Y$561>=Data!$Z$3,ROW(Data!$C$9:$C$561)-ROW(Data!D$9)),ROWS(Data!Y$9:Data!Y10))),"")}

I have a table with duration values in column Y with the criteria in cell Z3. This formula currently returns the correct column but the criteria part isn't working correctly. If I remove that part and keep the rest as:

Code:
{=IFERROR(INDEX(Data!$C$9:$C$561,SMALL(IF(Data!$Y$9:$Y$561,ROW(Data!$C$9:$C$561)-ROW(Data!C$9)),ROWS(Data!C$9:Data!C10))),"")}

Then it starts populating with the first row.

thank you for any help!

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
What happens if you change the formula to:

Code:
{=IFERROR(INDEX(Data!$Y$9:$Y$561,SMALL(IF(Data!$Y$9:$Y$561>=Data!$Z$3,ROW(Data!$C$9:$C$561)-ROW(Data!D$9)[B][COLOR=#ff0000]+1[/COLOR][/B]),ROWS(Data!Y$9:Data!Y10))),"")}

Upvote 0
Thanks for the quick reply. Almost there I think! Your change returns the correct row for matching criteria but it skipped the first matched row with 3 of 4 showing correctly.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the quick reply. Almost there I think! Your change returns the correct row for matching criteria but it skipped the first matched row with 3 of 4 showing correctly.

Maybe this fix it
Code:
=IFERROR(INDEX(Data!$Y$9:$Y$561,SMALL(IF(Data!$Y$9:$Y$561>=Data!$Z$3,ROW(Data!$C$9:$C$561)-ROW(Data!D$9)[B][COLOR=#ff0000]+1[/COLOR][/B]),ROWS([B][COLOR=#ff0000]Data!Y$9:Y9[/COLOR][/B]))),"")

M.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppernaut

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back