Arrays and Concatination

wilsjohn

Hi I am trying to create an array from an excel spreadsheet then manipulate it for example say you have cells a1:a5 with different values or strings I want to take that and then create a array so that I can then make there be extra rows between each string, add new stuff between for example say I have A1 Total revenue A2 COGS after I have created the array with these two strings I would like to Create a row between and Total revenue and COGS to create Revenue growth rate for example. This is just a general overview of where I want to go. However, I want the code to be dynamic, below is what I have written so far for selecting a range to create the array as list (I believe this doesn't actually count as an array? but it seems to suit my purpose). At the moment I am trying to make it print below but as far as my current method words I need to know the exact length of the variable List in order for this to work. So I am trying to make it dynamic by allowing a6: nrng but I cant make this work as I am not concatinating a with 8 (6 + 3 (a1:a3) - 1) when I do "a" it becomes "a8" which I think breaks the script.

So How do I concatenate this properly so that nrng becomes a8 so that range("a6a8") = List works?

Dim List() As Variant
List = Range("A1:A3").Value2

Countrng = Application.WorksheetFunction.CountA(Range("A1:A3"))
nrng = a & (6 + Countrng - 1)
[a10] = nrng
Range("a6:&nrng") = List

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
How about
Code:
   Dim Ary As Variant

Ary = Range("A1" & Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp)).Value2

Upvote 0
Apologies, there's a typo it should be
Code:
Ary = Range("A1" [COLOR=#ff0000],[/COLOR] Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp)).Value2

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JJFabEngineering

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back