Auto applying a formula

peterderrington

Hi,

I have a spreadsheet that updates daily that has a combination of entered data and formulas that are applied to that data. I'm looking to see if i can automate some of my process.

eg; Column A is a unique identifier that is applied to the data and increments by one for each row.

Columns B to X is data that is copied from another spreadsheet.

Columns Y to BD then all have formulas in that reference the data in columns B to X.

Currently i copy the data and then have to manually apply the formulas by clicking on the little green box in the righthand corner of the cell so that it then auto populates down to the end of the data rows.

Is there anyway to automate this process?

Thanks,

Peter

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.
L

Legacy 436357

Tables will carry formulas to new rows as rows are added.

peterderrington

So i converted the data range into a table (Select Data - Click Insert > Table - Click "OK" - For all those suffering memory issues like me) and that works for all the fields to the right of the inserted data however the first column on the left of the inserted data doesn't work.

I guess i could simply move that column to the far right or could it be because i don't actually have a formula in that cell for it to then generate the numbers (its just always done it by continuing the sequence).

peterderrington

All sorted, i've simply added the formula =ROW()-1 in to Column A and that works fine.

Thanks for all the help.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LJA

This Week's Hot Topics