Auto populate sheets

dwool40

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a workbook with 5 sheets. On sheet one (INSPECTION), I need the text from column G to populate another sheet if a "Y" is in corresponding row. So, if a "Y" is in D9:D308 I need the text from the corresponding cell in column G to populate sheet 3 (Immediate Action) starting with B3. If a "Y" is in E9:E308, I need the text from the corresponding cell in column G to populate sheet 4 (Deferred Maintenance) starting with B3. If a "Y" is in F9:F308, I need the text from the corresponding cell in column G to populate sheet 5 (60 Day) starting with B3. Hope this makes sense. :)

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
This macro assumes that you have data in D8:F8.
Code:
Sub CopyData()
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    Dim LastRow As Long
    LastRow = Sheets("INSPECTION").Cells.Find("*", SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlPrevious).Row
    Sheets("INSPECTION").Range("D8:D" & LastRow).AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="Y"
    Sheets("INSPECTION").Range("G9:G" & LastRow).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Copy Sheets("Immediate Action").Range("B3")
    Selection.AutoFilter
    Sheets("INSPECTION").Range("E8:E" & LastRow).AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="Y"
    Sheets("INSPECTION").Range("G9:G" & LastRow).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Copy Sheets("Deferred Maintenance").Range("B3")
    Selection.AutoFilter
    Sheets("INSPECTION").Range("F8:F" & LastRow).AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="Y"
    Sheets("INSPECTION").Range("G9:G" & LastRow).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Copy Sheets("60 Day").Range("B3")
    Selection.AutoFilter
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Upvote 0
This macro assumes that you have data in D8:F8.
Code:
Sub CopyData()
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    Dim LastRow As Long
    LastRow = Sheets("INSPECTION").Cells.Find("*", SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlPrevious).Row
    Sheets("INSPECTION").Range("D8:D" & LastRow).AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="Y"
    Sheets("INSPECTION").Range("G9:G" & LastRow).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Copy Sheets("Immediate Action").Range("B3")
    Selection.AutoFilter
    Sheets("INSPECTION").Range("E8:E" & LastRow).AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="Y"
    Sheets("INSPECTION").Range("G9:G" & LastRow).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Copy Sheets("Deferred Maintenance").Range("B3")
    Selection.AutoFilter
    Sheets("INSPECTION").Range("F8:F" & LastRow).AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="Y"
    Sheets("INSPECTION").Range("G9:G" & LastRow).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Copy Sheets("60 Day").Range("B3")
    Selection.AutoFilter
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Works great when I only do a "y" in one cell. If I do multiple cells (D9, D264, E10, E145, etc) I get a run-time error 1004 "We cant do that to a merged cell)

Upvote 0
The problem is not the macro, it is the merged cells. You should avoid merging cells at all costs as this almost always creates problems for Excel macros. If you unmerge all the cells, the macro should work properly.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayHo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back