Autofill cell as you type

RJSIGKITS

Board Regular
Hey guys.

So, I have a humongous data table (Named 'ALLPRODS'), with 100's of thousands of lines of supplier products. It really is big.
The first column has supplier product codes, with the second having the item description, the 3rd has the price, and so forth.

I have a different sheet, which uses VLOOKUP
Code:
=IF(A26="","",VLOOKUP(A26,AllProds2,2,0))

I add the product code into A26, which then pulls up the details for the corresponding item - we all know how that works, right?

I'm babbling now - So, I was trying to figure a way to have the cell A26 give me options to click on as I type in order to save loads of time.
I know the 1st part of loads of the product codes, but lots of them do start the same, and I need to save time typing, and retyping to try to find the correct item..

Example might be that there could be say 10 or so items that begin with 'L6B19...', so I would recognise the one I need and click it.
Or better still, stupid product codes that are just a pain to type like 'ZD/1834/U/S/BBR/024' - I could just type 'ZD/1834' and click the item that comes up as it's the only one that begins like that, and it would save time trying to type the full code correctly.

Is there a way to do this?

Any help much appreciated

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sramesh1024

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back