Automatically pull in data from 1 spreadsheet to another spreadsheet within the same workbook

I have 2 spreadsheets, one is called "cost data" and one is called "approved budgets" and both change on a monthly basis. How do I automatically pull data in from cost data into approved budgets when the data changes consistently? For example, there is a column called 'weeks left until depletion' in both the "approved budgets" sheet and the 'cost data' sheet. A new line of data is inputted every week, so how do I write a formula where the "approved budget" sheet automatically pulls from the cost data sheet vs. me having to change it manually every week? Currently the formula for the weeks left until depletion column is ='1. Cost Data'!G67, and every week that the data changes, I manually change the formula to G68, G69, etc. I want to set up a formula so that when I change the data in the cost data sheet, the data in the approved budget sheet will change too.

I can't post the spreadsheet in this post, but I am happy to email it to anyone that can help!

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AppellatePerson

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back