Automating Citrix Excel / Windows Scheduler

powerpackinduo

Board Regular
I want to use the windows scheduler to automatically open an Excel file and at that time the file's auto-open would run a specific macro.

The code in the macro runs quicker when the file is opened through our company's Citrix Excel object instead of the Local version of Excel.

How do I get the scheduler to open citrix, then the citrix excel, then the file?
Or is there another way to accomplish this with Excel?

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
Yeesh...the possibilities are endless for how the IT department has designed the citrix portal on your system. This sounds like you'd need to have someone look at your system in person to offer any meaningful solution.

What might be quicker and easier, hence worth exploring, is sticking a copy of this particular Excel file on your local hard drive and manipulating that with the macros you are using, then move it as the replacement into whatever citrix folder path it is being kept. Note, I said worth exploring, not necessarily worth doing, it really depends on who else might be using that file at a given time.

The point is, it's too hard from a distance to guess at how to answer your primary question without first hand knowledge of the intranet you are working with.

Upvote 0
I was afraid that answer was going to be similar to that.

I can make things work locally, they just take longer.

Thanks for the information.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back