Calculate or Refresh without scrolling

biggsy3

Hello All,

I am having a bit of a problem getting excel to calculate or refresh without scrolling.
In my worksheet, I have a cell that contains a drop down list. The list contains the weeks of the year not including the holiday months, which is referenced from a parameter worksheet.

When I choose one of the values (week numbers) in the drop down list, the three cells below format to the corresponding week numbers.

However, If I choose Week 1 in my drop down list, I want the cells below to refresh automatically and instantly.

At the moment im having to scroll down and back up on the worksheet or refresh the sheet manually, which isnt very user friendly. My calculation options are set to automatic.

Can somebody tell me what I need to do so that my number values will ALWAYS update quickly, every single time I switch to another week on my list?

Just incase it is a problem with my formula I have pasted it here:

This is in the first cell below the dropdown list.

=CHOOSE(MATCH(C10,Params!K:K,0),Params!K2,Params!K3,Params!K4,Params!K5,Params!K6,Params!K7,Params!K8,Params!K9,Params!K10,Params!K11,Params!K12,Params!K13,Params!K14,Params!K15,Params!K16,Params!K17,Params!K18,Params!K19,Params!K20,Params!K21,Params!K22,Params!K23,Params!K24,Params!K25,Params!K26,Params!K27,Params!K28,Params!K29,Params!K30,Params!K31,Params!K32,Params!K33,Params!K34,Params!K35,Params!K36,Params!K37,Params!K38,Params!K39,Params!K40,Params!K41,Params!K42,Params!K43,Params!K44,Params!K45,Params!K46,Params!K47,Params!K48,Params!K49,Params!K50,Params!K51)

Perhaps I need to simplify, any help or advise would be much appreciated.

Regards

Richard.

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.
May be it is taking some time to calculate and update and not because of the scrolling if the calculation setting is set to automatic.

Upvote 0
Yes, I see now.... the calculation takes about 30 seconds to update the cells automatically without scrolling, Its just it seems to update the cells instantly if I scroll down. So I was wandering, perhaps I could reduce the time of the calculation by using a diffferent formula?

Upvote 0
Hi

Re the formula, perhaps :-
Code:
=INDEX(Params!$K$2:$K$51,MATCH(C10,Params!K:K,0),)

hth

Upvote 0
Mike thankyou for your reply,

This most defiantly seems to simplify the formula, however im still having the same issue where it seems to take a long time to calculate. But you seemed to have ruled out the possiblity of it being the formula slowing the calculation down.

Richard

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ravioli44

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back