Can Range's target be a cell value or a vlookup?

Bambiontoast

I am new to VBA, and tried to find something on google that would teach me how to change a value in my sheet. I found this code:

Code:
[COLOR=#252C2F][FONT=Helvetica]Range("A1").Value = 1+Range("A1").Value[/FONT][/COLOR]

Now, this is exactly what I'm looking for - BUT - I need the "A1" to not be a static cell address, but take the cell address from a value found in a cell.

For example, say A1 contains the below formula:

Code:
=CELL("address",INDEX(B5:D11,MATCH(G6,B5:B11,0),2))

This formula returns the address of a cell, and my goal is to increase the value of the cell found at this address by 1 by pressing a button.

How do I tell VBA to either:
- Use the value of a specific cell and convert that into a Range object (i.e. above formula returns value 'C10', I therefore want to increase value in cell C10 by 1)
- Perform a Vlookup or Index type function itself to find the correct cell to change, based on lookup value G6

I would prefer the former option since I want to keep as much to formulas as possible, but if there is a far easier way to do all of this in code (i.e. skipping the =Cell("address") function) then that would also be fine. If the best way to achieve this is through code alone, could you please explain the critical parts of the code so I can understand how to change or adapt it as required.

Thanks a lot!

,0),2))

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
Code:
dim celladd as string
celladd = range("A1")
[COLOR=#252C2F][FONT=Helvetica]Range(celladd).Value = 1+Range(celladd).Value[/FONT][/COLOR]

Upvote 0
Im not sure if ive missed something by these replies but i think the op wants to add 1 to an offset of a found cell? Anyways this is relatively simple to understand if that is the case.

Code:
Dim c As Range, sh As Worksheet
Set sh = Sheets("Sheet1") 'sheet to search on
With sh.Range("B5:B11") 'range to search in
    Set c = .Find(sh.Range("G6").Value, After:=sh.Range("B11"), LookIn:=xlValues, _
    LookAt:=xlWhole, SearchDirection:=xlNext) 'find our value in G6 within our range (after is the last cell in range so it starts at first cell)
    If Not c Is Nothing Then 'if found
        c.Offset(0, 1).Value = c.Offset(0, 1).Value + 1 'offset one cell to right and add 1
    End If
End With

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Excel Master

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back