Charts dynamic range invalid reference : get rid of "invalided references" pop up VBA

vadius

Board Regular
Hi guys

I have created a workbook composed of many sheets that have charts..Each chart is populated thanks to dynamic ranges ("named range"). I download the data from Bloomberg, do some basic calculations on these time series and plug them into some charts, and update them every day with the new daily numbers..Charts are working well and update as expected, as long I have the data.

But sometimes given the amount of data I am importing, there is a bit of delay, returning some #N/A errors in my times series (once data are downloaded correctly, #N/A disappears, calculation are being performed and it's perfectly fine).
Some of my charts are therefore not updated and I have a VERY annoying pop up "A formula in this worksheet contains one or more Invalid references. Verify your formula contain a valid path, etc etc.."

Once the data are finally fully updated, times series are ok and charts are updating with no issue.

I tried to come up with small vba code to get rid of the alerts but it does not work (msg box is working well)
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
MsgBox "Invalid Reference pop up disabled!"
End Sub

Has anyone come up with a proper solution to get rid of the pop up ? Charts are working fine once I have the data so my formulas are fine.

Many thanks for your help

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bsb1122

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back