Check boxes linking different formulas to one Cell

Sleepingsouls

Hi Guys,

I'm running an accounting spreadsheet and what I want to do is have one cell lets call it A1 display a different result based on a different formula depending on what Checkbox is ticked

For example if "Reinvest" checkbox is ticked it does sum(C1+B1) if "Take" checkbox is checked it does B1-D1 and if "Loan" Check box is ticked it will do a different formula lets call it Sum(D1:D3) and lastly if none of them are checked it would display no value.

Thank you for your help

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
Link checkboxes "Reinvest" "Loan" "Sum" to cells "B3" "B4" "B5" respectively

and formula
=IF(B3+B4+B5>1,"Choose one box",IF(B3=TRUE,C1+B1,IF(B4=TRUE,B2-B1,IF(B5=TRUE,SUM(D1:D3),""))))

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you,

Unfortunately I am coming across the same problem I was having when trying to create a macro for this. Once the first check box has been checked when I uncheck it the formula does not go away and then clicking on the next checkbox doesn't produce the right number. The only way to get the right number is to click the check boxes in a specific order.

Upvote 0
It works perfectly for me
- if there is more than one box ticked "Choose one box" is returned otherwise the correct result is returned
- cells B3 B4 B5 contain TRUE if checked FALSE otherwise

Which type of checkbox are you using?

Upvote 0
That's what I thought was supposed to happen, just didn't seem to be the case for me with this formula or my macro.

Just the standard check box not the activeX

Upvote 0
Interestingly enough - I was using different cells for my forumla all I have done is change the Cells... and that didn't work so to test it I changed my cells to the ones in your formula and that worked... Strange

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mwdbActuary

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back