Checkboxes - Trying arrangin them and/or formatting

vegetamaker

Hello! How are you all? Well, I have a problem, so let me first try to explain myself.

I have a Table with a long list of items in Column A and I am trying set two Checkboxes in Column B and C.

I found there is two ways to do this: with Form Controls and ActiveX. But they both have differents problems that don't let me finish the work like I wanted.

With Form Controls when I try arrange the table in different order the checkboxes don't follow it and keep like they were. Even If I managed to dinamic update the linked cells, the checkboxes theyself aren't doing it.

With the ActiveX option the Format condition just don't work because I didn't find any way to check the value inside.

Any idea how to solve it?

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
IN order for the checkboxes to behave during sort you MUST make sure each checkbox is entirely within a single cell. Also the move and size with cells property must be set.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the help jkpieterse, but it isn't the problem.

With ActiveX checkboxes I managed to do it and they arrange correctly, but I can't use "Conditional Format" with it.

And with Form Control checkboxes that option is unavaiable.

Upvote 0
If you right-click a forms control and select Properties there should be one called Move and Size with cells, it has been there for over 20 years and I'm positive it wasn't removed. If I could upload attachments I'd show a screen-shot.

Upvote 0
Hello again! Yeah, it is there, but for Checkboxes from Form Control it is disable.

For ActiveX checkboxes it is works, but with ActiveX items I can't use the "Conditional Format" that I need for my Table.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That is very odd, it is enabled for me. Can you share a sample of your file by any chance?

Upvote 0
Hello again! And thanks for your time.

Sure, I can share the excel: https://mega.nz/#!ZD5wQCxa!ApbN38UFTJAUA8IyA3k2akQy-9tJwnGPh8IN7N-jcy8

This is the place where I have been making my attempts.

(Btw, I Did a code for double click the first columns to change cells colours, just in case you see the code)

----

In the Excel you will see that the first Sheet (Called Checkboxes with ActiveX) you can use the checkboxes and re-arrange them, but the Condifional Formatting don't work. With the second Sheet Conditional Formatting works, but Checkboxes don't arrange correctly with the Table

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I was wrong. For 1 the move and size option is indeed grayed out, for me too. But. If you set all checkboxes to NOT move or size, it works.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexlomt

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back