clear contents of a set range of cells based on a criteria

Graham JN

i have a sheet with data in B5:G20

I have data in column B which is either a 0 or a number greater than 0 - If the contents of this cell is 0

I would like it to clear the contents of the ROW within the range B to G only (not the entire row only B To G)

Thanks for staying with me here, in column B5 to B20 it is picking up a cell from another sheet (qty) but I have use a cell reference =Y10 so in column B I can see the correct number such as 0,or 1 or 2 etc
However when the vba runs it does not recognise the cell reference as 0 so it does not delete.

If i replace the cell "reference 0 (Y10)" with an actual 0 the vba works perfect.

So basically the vba delete 0 does not recognise the cell reference Y10 which shows a 0 which it is picking up from another sheet

Did I explain ok
So, cells B5:B20 have formulas in them. Given that, you did not answer the two follow up questions that I asked in Message #9 . Here are the questions again...

Is the formula (in cells B5:B20) supposed to be deleted from the cell along with the data when that formula is displaying 0?

Are there any formulas in the cells in range C5:G20 and, if so, are they to be deleted also?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
So, cells B5:B20 have formulas in them. Given that, you did not answer the two follow up questions that I asked in Message #9 . Here are the questions again...

Is the formula (in cells B5:B20) supposed to be deleted from the cell along with the data when that formula is displaying 0?

Are there any formulas in the cells in range C5:G20 and, if so, are they to be deleted also?

There are formulas in c5 to g20 but yes it can all be deleted
Also the formula in B column can be deleted.

so if any cell in column B is showing 0 (because it has pick up the Qty elsewhere on sheet) then nothing is required and everything can be deleted for that row

so B5 is showing 0 (which is actual picking up the value from y5) then the entire row can be deleted b5 to g5

your vba works perfect it just seems not to see the 0 as a 0 because it is a formula picking up the qty from elsewhere in the work book

sorty if I am not explaining this well thank you so much for staying with me.

Upvote 0
There are formulas in c5 to g20 but yes it can all be deleted
Also the formula in B column can be deleted.

so if any cell in column B is showing 0 (because it has pick up the Qty elsewhere on sheet) then nothing is required and everything can be deleted for that row

so B5 is showing 0 (which is actual picking up the value from y5) then the entire row can be deleted b5 to g5
Delete the macro I gave you earlier and see if this macro works for you instead...
Code:
[table="width: 500"]
[tr]
	[td]Sub DeleteIfZeroInColB()
  Dim UnusedCol As Long
  UnusedCol = Cells.Find("*", , xlFormulas, , xlByColumns, xlPrevious, , , False).Column + 1
  Application.ScreenUpdating = False
  With Range(Cells(5, UnusedCol), Cells(20, UnusedCol))
    On Error Resume Next
    .Value = Evaluate("IF(" & Intersect(.EntireRow, Columns("B")).Address & "=0,""X"","""")")
    Intersect(.SpecialCells(xlConstants).EntireRow, Columns("B:G")).ClearContents
    .Clear
    On Error GoTo 0
  End With
  Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back