color a map with excel !! any idea

aminexcel

Board Regular
i have a world map that each country have a separated picture same this:
HTML:
www.presentationmagazine.com/powerpoint-templates/00402.ppt

i want to link every country with a "value" (for example one number between 1 to 100. 100 = black & 0 = white ) in a column. for example if i hyperlink Australia to "A1" when i change the "A1" value from 0 to 10, Australia color map change from white to an other color. do we have a addin or special macro for this. do you have any idea?

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
Hi

I checked the first map and each country is a different shape, so you just have to paint the shape with some color.

The problem I see here is that the person that draw this map did not bother to assign meaningful names to the sheets (or was this map automatically converted from another application?). This means that instead having shapes with names like "Australia" or "Japan" you'll have names that are meaningless like "Freeform 35". Although not absolutely necessary you could rename the shapes to meaningful names, that's how it should have been done the first time.

With these bogus names you'll have to make a list of the shapes names and the corresponding countries (really boring).

Since they are individual shapes you can set their color with vba, using for ex. the worksheet change event.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent Khandagale

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back