Combine Multiple (50 or More) Workbooks with VBA

innoin

Hello everyone! I've been scouring the internet for the last hour trying to find some kind of code that would help me combine multiple spreadsheets into one "master" spreadsheet. I've found quite a few that seem like they work, but even with my tweaks I can't seem to make them work (I'm not too knowledgeable of Excel so I'm sure it's my ineptitude and not the code). It may be because column A and row 1 are empty on the spreadsheets I'm trying to combine and maybe the code is stopping immediately? I tested that theory on a couple of the ones I've found, but it didn't seem to help. I just want to copy everything from the first workbook, paste in the master, then copy the next file, and paste all that data in the next open row. I don't see a spot to upload a sample of the look of the file, but I can copy and paste if needed. So, that's the first thing I need help with.

The second thing is a bit more complicated. I am going to use this to search certain areas of the document for the greatest values. I will basically use this to search G16 through G23, enter the greatest value found into H1, then search G27 through G34 and enter that greatest value in I1...and so on (continuing on to J, K L), then start again with the next workbooks data and enter it's first greatest value in H2, then I2 and so on. Maybe someone could help with that and incorporate it into the code as well? I'm bad, but not terrible at editing VBA so I could probably stumble through editing if given something with the gist of it. I can assign the actual areas it needs to search and copy and paste if needed. Thanks for any help!

You're welcome, glad to help, & thanks for the feedback.:)

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nana abanyin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back