Combo box for both input and bound list

kmerc

I'm not knew to access but I'm very green at vba. I've created a database with two: 1 for putting in the initial incident and the other for the follow up comments. In the field for the person getting assigned to the comments on the first form it could be anyone in our company so I don't want to use a table of all our employees. Since it depends on the issue as to who's assigned to help. Is there a way for me to have a combo box that can be an input for people's names AND pull up ones that have already been used: i.e. Jessica Cook and Jason Goff both have had something assigned to them, their names will show up in a drop down menu OR I can enter Rebecca Miller and it will store her name with Jason and Jessica to use later. I'd prefer to do this in vba and not a subform but I'll put just this in a separate table from my main one if need be. I will obviously need to pull the names in queries and reports. Thanks in advance!

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
I have no idea... never posted a question and don't come here that much. Oh well, maybe a MOD will pass by and help us out!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Excel Master

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back